Thursday, August 22, 2013

Halie Loren's "Simply Love"

Halie Loren - Simply LoveHow delightful to receive Halie's CD in the mail yesterday from Jane Harbury and Associates. As you may know she is one of my favourite vocalists - not only for her luscious vocals but because she is a shining star as a human being.

She does one of the loveliest versions of "Moon River" I have heard - and I have heard a lot. The original tune "Bare Feet" is a paen to simple pleasures and has a breezy summer feel and she does unique takes on Carol King's "I Feel the Earth Move"  the Turtles "Happy Together" plus a sweet "Dream a Little Dream of Me" - en francais and poignant "My Funny Valentine" among the tunes on this recording.

Perfect music to enjoy on your "dejeuner sur l'herbe" picnic, relaxing on a sandy beach by the ocean or sipping a chilled glass of rose on your patio, deck  or balcony while enjoying the last days of summer.


No comments: