I do like taking quizzes to see how smart I believe myself to be and also learn something when I don't get all the answers as well...:)
This fun and fast quiz courtesy of GPSmyCity.com - tests your knowledge of our fair city and if answer all ten correctly, the opportunity of winning 3 free city walk iPhone apps to the burg of your choice...that's iPhone not food...but think of it as food for your cerebellum.
Email your answers to email@example.com. Bonne Chance!
Toronto Fun Facts Quiz:
1. Within a 160 km radius of Toronto lives _____ of Canada's population.
B. One third
C. One quarter
2. On what building can one find a giant neon weather station?
A. Canada Life Building
B. National Trust Tower
C. First Canadian Place
3. How many languages are estimated to be spoken throughout the city?
4. Which one of these movie stars was not born in the city of Toronto?
A. Christopher Plummer
B. Mia Kirshner
C. Jim Carrey
5. The CN Tower held its record of the world's tallest building for 34 years, until the Burj Khalifa and Canton Tower were built. It now remains the tallest free-standing structure in:
A. North America
B. the Americas
C. the Western Hemisphere
6. A serious ____ occurred in 1995. It was the worst day in Toronto history.
A. Subway crash
7. What do Bloor Street, Danforth Avenue and McCowan Road have in common?
A. They are all the same street
B. They run diagonal
C. They all run west-east
8. In 2006, City Hall told which group of people to leave and never come back?
A. Charlie's Angels
B. Guardian Angels
C. Black Angels
9. Which of these cities is not officially part of the Greater Toronto Area, but is still considered by some as "part of Toronto"?
10. Toronto has had many city-nicknames along the years. How was Toronto never called like?
B. the City that Sleeps
C. The Big Smoke
Back to our regularly scheduled jazz soon - I'm off to Azure tonight with my fellow chanteuses from Bill King's workshops. I'm excited about Melissa Stylianou's upcoming visit to the Rex on August 18th...more later. I will not be going to the Edmonton Folk Fest this year, malheureusement - however, I am going to Chicago in September..."sorry, but I can't take you" as Joe Williams sang...so possibilites galore for art, architecture, jazz and vegan food galore...please send me any recommendations. We're staying at the Inn of Chicago and flying Porter...a convenient stroll to the airport.
As of this week I am incorporating more raw foods into my diet - trying to clean out the system - especially in summer since produce is so readily available....much to the garden groundhog's delights - yes, he visited our "salad bar" - lettuce, carrot tops and some kale - he doesn't seem to care for Swiss chard or tat soi though...
Here's one of the books I'm consulting for my raw food journey....