Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Carrie Bradshaw moment

IMG_4989.jpg
Mind you not the multi hundred dollar Manolos or Jimmy Choos -these are far more practical - you can walk and be comfortable in them. I went a little crazy at the Naot sale at Prairie Dog on Eglinton yesterday...but at less than half price, how can you not? A couple of pairs were $50/$60 buck and the other two $80. I already have a pair of "Paris" sandals - which are the most cushy and comfortable sandals I HAVE EVER, EVER OWNED. Seriously! Now I know why this Israeli brand has a cult following.

I got these pairs in the basement - there is also 20% off many other styles upstairs.

I was coveting the Mary Jane style for a while the model is "Pleasure" - I think because this colour is seen as "odd" - but not to odd people like me, it was discounted - it's kind of a bronzy pink/purple shade - lovely. The " Montreal" sandals are a "pecan" colour, Love the grey patent "shooties" or boots "Gleam"- so cute - they will be nice with jeans, leggings and the wet winter days....the burgundy numbers are suede - slipper like - and feel like "buttah"!
IMG_8674.jpg
Can't wait for the winter sale - for boots - likely in December. I wonder where the name of the store came from...a former prairie person? Sale continues until July 17th...but not all sizes of course.

In jazz news - check out vocalist Daniela Nardi's Espresso Manifesto series at Chalkers for the next few Tuesday nights - featuring music by Italian composers such as Paolo Conte, Luigi Tenco and Renato Carasone. themed music....bellissimo! Starting at 7 p.m. Phone 416 789 2531.

I see that there is a great opening act on "Girl's Night Out" - Sophia Perlman and Terra Hazelton, plus BIRTHDAY CAKE ...one of these days I will gather my nerve to get up there and sing again!


If you are in the Waterloo area or are inclined to head that direction I suggest checking out  my friend Brenda Lewis' gig this Thursday at the Seven Shores Cafe with Margaret Stowe on guitar....8 Regina Street N. Unit 5, from 6 p.m. Her CD "Jazzlike is getting radio play on CBC! The duo plays again on August 18th. She's a busy lady this summer --- there are rumours of a potential Guelph Jazz Fest gig...oops...did I let cat out of fashionable bucket bag?

Wherever you catch her you will have a wonderful time. Brenda is after all also a banjo fan - which puts her up there pretty high in my books...:)

Alas the early set at China House is sold out...:(  We'll catch up some other time....

I'm reading this great little book and I highly recommend it - it's what happens when an editor at the "Paris Review" gets talked into opening a corner store with his Korean  inlaws in Brooklyn.

No comments: