Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Farewell Andrea

My dear friend Andrea Lukawiecki passed away on Sunday night at University of Alberta hospital - gone too soon...

I first met Andrea at the University of Alberta Mixed Chorus - she was a kind, quiet soul who loved her Orange Crush and in times past her "Kentucky Yucky chicken"....I have many fond remembrances of her including trying on her aunt's many hats ( bequeathed? ) at a tea party at her place. For many years she worked in the pharmacy of Shoppers Drug Marts in Edmonton and later for a pharmacy in Red Deer - her new residence. She also enjoyed folk dancing and the Edmonton Folk Festival every year.

This gentle soul shared my birthday of April 12th and I'm so sad to know she won't reach this one. For a Ukrainian girl she sure loved her bagpipes and often went to the Robbie Burns dinner in Ponoka...perhaps that's how we knew each other - another life in Scotland...so it's only fitting that I post this video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euWfTiYwRB0



I might also remind you of the importance of organ donation - you could save the life of someone like Andrea.

No comments: