Monday, March 26, 2012

Halie Loren is Number 1 !!!!




Hooray - one of the great little secrets in jazz is not so secret anymore and really she was number one a long time ago for me. Halie Loren's latest release "Heart First" is NUMBER 1 on iTunes in Canada...I can't tell you how excited I am about this... her album also entered the Top 10 on Amazon.com. This tune is "AWoman's Way".

I have been singing (to make a very bad but apropos pun) the praises of this very wonderful vocalist based in Oregon for some time.

I think it's high time Halie was booked here in Toronto...don't you? Maybe a Live to Air at Jazz Fm?? Hmmmm....

On another note, I went to the Fab Detox Workshop on Saturday with Meghan Telpner and am on day one of the Detox - no gluten, no caffeine, sugar...I already eliminated the meat and dairy some years ago...Yesterday I made a Falafel Bread, Marinated Bean Salad, Kale and Lemon Pesto and on Saturday I was so inspired I made the superpowered Chocolates (which have mint flavouring and maca plus goji berries, cocoa, coconut, cacao butter.....delish)...visit www.meghantelpner.com - she is very fun and inspiring!

No comments: