Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catching up - Slocan Rambers, Ilana Waldston



Just a brief FYI  - there is a Slocan Ramblers - for all you bluegrass fans at the Tranzac this Friday - doors at 8 p.m., show at 9ish. One of the talented members of this group is Adrian Gross - one of our former "Jazzology" guests and a fine guitarist. - it's their first CD so give a listen here:

http://slocanramblers.com/2012/10/31/shaking-down-the-acorns-cd-release-friday-nov-30th-tranzac-main-hall/

As you may know, I do love me some bluegrass and the 3 tracks I listened to sounded fabulous!

Ilana Waldston | I Could Laugh Out Loud


Due to the Grey Cup festivities I wasn't able to make it to Ilana Waldston's CD release but understand that natch, it was great. Ilana's CD is entitled "I Could Laugh Out Loud" because of course she is renowned for her superb choice of humourous material including such greats as Dave Frishberg but is equally adept at lovely standards such as "It's a Lovely Day" and "Lucky to be Me". She is an inspiration to me to get off my butt and start singing again.. If you're thinking of some holiday shopping...check out her site - www.jazznlaughs.ca or cdbaby...

No comments: