Sunday, August 17, 2008

Botos Brothers...

Well, the only jazz I have seen of late was the Botos Brothers at the Rex last night...but what jazz! Robi was really cooking with his brother Frank on drums and their visiting brother Lajos on bass and vocals. Robi is always a treat especially watching his facial expressions of delight as he makes eye contact with the audience and his brother. And no these are not the Botos brothers to the left, they are cute and cuddly but not nearly as talented as our Hungarian treasures. Haven't planned my jazz for the rest of the week, but I'm definitely looking forward to our old friend guitarist John Stowell visiting from Portland. He is playing with Don Thompson next Sunday, August 24th at Chalkers. The garden is still going crazy with the daily adventure of "find the ripe tomatoes" (under all the foliage) Two very tiny snails hitchiked home with the sorrel...I practiced snail rescue and released them in the gardens of our building downstairs. There was a large and complacent looking spider...if spiders can look complacent or smug, in one of the other garden plots. Said arachnid was likely smug because it had several plump victims in its web.... I noticed a new entrance to our plot at the back...the groundhog strike again...I flashed briefly on Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"....the critter is welcome to our excess of tomatoes if he/she is interested... See culprits pictured above...

2 comments:

Queen of Wands said...

what are those in the photo?

jazz goddess said...

Those are groundhogs....as I explain in my posting....:)