Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting ready for Jazz Festival

IMG_5709.jpgThis is a photo of Mirko Guerrini's great band at Dora Keogh's on the Danforth last Sunday - small but enthusiastic crowd - they came all the way from Italy! That's Robert Occhipinti on bass of course - I think somewhat responsible for their presence in Toronto - they also had a gig at the Rex on Saturday night - but this venue was much more intimate.

I will be at the Jazz FM booth volunteering tomorrow from 4 - 8 and will see if I can hang in for Aretha..it will be pandemonium.

On Monday I will take in Dee Dee Bridgewater at Koerner and then on Wednesday return for Branford Marsalis and Joey Calderazzo...will fill you in on all the other jazz I will partake in...

In the meantime - adjusting to my shorter hair....

1 comment:

143 Records said...

Thank you for sharing thiss