Wednesday, April 25, 2012

70s flashback






I think it may have something to do with turning 50 but I find I am reverting a bit to my teen years - to what I find fun to listen to musically and even a kind of 70's shag haircut! So in that spirit some great 70's music - the iconic "Saturday Night Fever"...of course I was reminded of this fab soundtrack after watching "Glee"'s wonderful tribute show last week...but hey, there's a reason why this music still resonates..it's good! Particularly the gorgeous ballad "How Deep is Your Love".

I have been doing some soul searching as well of late, seeking forgiveness for my rash actions of a couple of years ago...when I was behaving like a teenager. Fortunately I have been doing some spiritual homework and becoming a better person each and every day - thanks to Dr. Dyer, Marcia Shimoff, Louise Hay, Esther and Jerry Hicks and countless others.

Jazzwise - tonight is "Jazz Lives" our big fundraiser for the station and tomorrow night Melissa Lauren is at the Winchester from 7 - 10 p.m. 51 Winchester Street, on Friday at Fuzion - 580 Church Street  and on Saturday - Ori Dagan's "Less than 3" CD release at the Al Green Theatre - 750 Spadina Avenue at 8 p.m. Special guest: Jane Bunnett - and his band consisting of Mark Kieswetter, Ross McIntyre, Nick Fraser and Chris Gale.

 http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Falgreentheatre.ca%2Fevents%2F1-all-events%2F152-cd-release&h=pAQGw7e75



I can't tell you how often I sang into my hairbrush to this great tune...:)


Going to New York a week from tomorrow - woo hoo - lots of shopping great shopping and jazz - particularly Daryl Sherman at Knickerbocker's in the Village.

No comments: