Friday, April 13, 2012

Great Birthday

How much better can it get than a jazz concert on my birthday - especially with someone I have been longing to hear since I did a phone interview last year...yup, Halie Loren in the house - Jazz Fm Live to Air...

Even better - I got a Hurom juicer - which I tried out this morning - awesome. Carrot, apple, kale and some lemon...can't wait to try more concoctions...pretty quiet too for a juicer. I enjoyed lunch with my brothers and niece yesterday at Fresh - a green juice and their monthly wrap special - the Caesar. Then for dinner - Magic Oven pizza...tropical - yes pineapple...delish.


I also have a new favourite shower gel - Yves Rocher's "Vervaine de Haiti" - a vetiver scent - with $1.00 from each sale going to support Haitians...so smell good and feel good. The fragrance is woody/spicy and a little addictive...perhaps I am looking forward to my showers a little too much now?

Treated myself to a facial at Pure and Simple downstairs - a hydrating one and of course using the new Holistic Vanity products - which I adore!

I'm listening to Melissa Stylianou's lovely new album, "Silent Movie" and wearing her t-shirt - which is a pretty burgundy colour and so soft - American Apparel.  The album features a wistful "Smile" - the great Charlie Chaplin tune and James Taylor's "Something in the Way She Moves"...the touching "First Impressions" - an original and a sweet version of "The Folks Who Live on the Hill"...I am so privileged to have been part of making this happen through Kickstarter.

No comments: