Monday, April 9, 2012

Countdown to the big 5 oh






Or I could still say I'm 49...but really the birthday doesn't scare me..I think the best is yet to come. No real celebration plans other than going to hear Halie Loren at Jazz FM for a Live to Air...more celebrating will happen with friends in New York in May...

Finished up the Fab Detox and yesterday had wine and chocolate...and coffee...I don't think my system liked the introduction of these back into my diet...so will go easy on these foods as well as still avoiding gluten and acidic things...

I received the new Halie Loren CD "Heart First" in the mail and it's a wonderful recording - I especially like "A Woman's Way" - that's one she wrote. Her sultry vocals are always appealing...there are a few standards in there - the gorgeous "My One and Only Love" and "Feeling Good" as well as the charming Bob Marley "Waiting In Vain" and 70's radio hit "Lotta Love". Looking forward to hearing her live.

Looking to the future - the brothers Gray - Derek and Justin have a killer band at the Rex on April 23rd for the 9:30 show - featuring Kelly Jefferson and Todd Pentney  - paying homage to the music of Herbie Hancock...

This week at Musideum catch Melissa Lauren on April 12th - unfortunately I will be otherwise occupied.

No comments: