Monday, June 29, 2009

Laissez les bon temps roule - Beausoleil

J'aime ca, moi. Last night it was great to hear this Cajun powerhouse in the tent at Nathan Phillips Square. It took a while but people finally got up and danced in the open area to the right of the stage.
It's been too long since I've heard zydeco, and I really enjoyed it...the rain was pouring down outside but inside it was all Louisiana sunshine. I loved some of the titles of tunes too..."Les Onions" and "Alligator Purse" all delivered with joie de vivre.
It has been a long time since they have been to T.O. and it was long overdue. Unfortunately I had to leave before Buckwheat Zydeco as I'm sure that would have kept things cooking. I also noted quite a few empty seats...people scared off from the rain, or perhaps not familiar with the music?

No comments: