Monday, July 20, 2009

Mexican Food Day and Leslie Mendelson

So today.....perhaps being inspired by the Mexican celebration down at Harbourfront - a group dance lesson no less and big colourful skirts - I am making Bean Burritos, have made a refreshing Watermelon Gazpacho and a Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce - which I got from http://www.kristensraw.com/ (it is completely delicious and addictive by the way...maybe it's the hemp? :). I am also going to make some guacamole to go with the burritos...ole.
Interesting how people are finding me on the internet. I got an email this morning from a gentleman - Andy Shaw at http://www.musicallies.com/ asking me to check out one of their clients - Leslie Mendelson. I did and I really, really like what I heard.
She is described as being in the tradition of Carole King and Carly Simon.
Her new release is called "Swan Feathers" and looks like she has some serious assistance in music making and producing. I have listened to the lovely "Rest of London", and two tunes I have watched/listened to on You Tube - "Hit the Spot" which has been downloaded quite a bit I understand and "I Know You Better than That"....I think big things are coming this talented singer/songwriter's way.

No comments: