Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jingle Bones and Barbados and Biscotti

Hee, hee or is that ho, ho, ho...that's my brother Colin's cat - looking very, very annoyed in his Santa finery to promote the 6th annual "Jingle Bones" trombone extravaganza with "Christmas-like" music on December 21st at the Rhino on Queen....great beer selection - bring your trombones all you trombonists and your undying appreciation listeners - plus money or non perishable food contributions for the food bank. The excitement starts at 7:30 ish. Baking chocolate biscotti today - pictures to follow. I'm off to hear Paquito D'Rivera tonight at Koerner Hall which I'm looking forward to and will blog about for Jazz FM. I was thrilled with Sophia Perlman's gig at the Rex on Thursday - where I crashed the Toronto Music Lover's Meetup. Ori Dagan - newly minted on CD singer was there. Band members were Alex Dean, Pat Collins, Dave Restivo and Terry Clarke - how can you go wrong. Check out the rest of her Thursday night run this month at 6:30. I understand Mr. Clarke has a new CD coming out. Live to air broadcast on Monday night for Dave Young - I have it on good authority - Mr. Ross Porter - the new album is great - in fact, possibly Ross' favourite this year. Booked for Barbados in January - my first Caribbean vacation...don't know if there will be jazz...I think I am arriving AFTER the jazz festival - the airline deals don't take jazz festivals into account.

No comments: