Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Full force jazz - no trauma

Isn't this a great image? I went to hear Blunt Object again last night - unfortunately I was one of the few....people, people, what do I have to do to get you out to hear this great big band - doing the charts of Carla Bley and some of Robin Jessome...possibly in future charts of the wacky and wonderful (and sadly disbanded) Orange then Blue?
On the bandstand: Heather Segger - trombone; Mark Segger - drums/percussion; Tom Van Seters - keyboards; Robin on trombone and conducting; the always scintillating Ben Dietschi...former "Jazzology" guest all....I am hoping for a venue like the Rex and more audience members..it put me in mind of some of the bad old days of the Yardbird in the 80's where the band members and volunteer staff outnumbered the audience - for out of town BIG NAME acts...shame , shame.
Am I going to have to promise baked goods?

No comments: