Monday, December 28, 2009

Writing and writing....

Back at the Archive today after feeling immense guilt about a "holiday"...i.e. Christmas and Boxing Day. A lovely get together with my family....got some nice fuzzy pajamas to go to work in...see first line of this paragraph....:)"Vegan Brunch" - which I am eager to try out...sort of a "Homer Simpson" gift, that from the potential experimentee...Tofu Benedict, Omelettes, pancakes, waffles....yummm....
I went to two new movies - the amazing "Avatar" which took me a little while to adjust to (in 3D - how retro is that?)...but you get enveloped in the world of Pandora....on a different take...."It's Complicated" - rom/com - Meryl Streep...is there anything that woman can't do? She looks great, is fab as is Alec Baldwin...who I have considered hot for ages...very much the Aries that man, or at least his character is.... So, successful film outings so far - I'm still thinking of seeing Mr. Clooney's "Up In the Air" and maybe Mr. Downey in "Sherlock Holmes" - I am so glad Robert has gotten his act together.
Tomorrow....jazz jam at the Rex with Quinsin Nachoff and hosted by Justin Gray? Nathan Dell Vandenberg at Tranzac..7:30...there may be cookies as enticement as I understand..... making Moroccan Chickpea Soup from Jae Steeles' wonderful "Get It Ripe" as I type.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Some good stuff in "Vegan Brunch," but I wasn't thrilled with the pancake recipe.

"Up in the Air" gets my recommendation as well.

jazz goddess said...

Good to know!