Sunday, August 8, 2010

Musical Magic


Well, it was a gorgeous summer day yesterday in Edmonton and that day was filled with great music.  This was the first workshop I took in with Natacha Atlas and her beautiful Arabic influenced sounds...she and her musicians were sharing the stage with Genticorum from Quebec - they were incroyable.

Want to know what the food is like in the kitchen - always a marvelous variety of choice and it's delicious - yesterday there was a curry, (always a hot dish), many salads, veggies and dessert....the kitchen crews work very very hard and it's much appreciated.

I also fit in some shopping in the Crafts tent with many amazing vendors - I will take photos of those later - 2 pairs of earrings, a gorgeous bag made by Quebec artisans, bath products from "Goddess" - hee hee - I know their stuff is great because I bought some last year - relaxing and aromatic bath salts, soaps, body lotions....some beautiful cards by a local artist - watercolour effect with whimsical images of fairies and flowers.

I enjoyed seeing a Raffle ticket vendor belly dancing to Natacha while doing her duties.....

The major highlight for me was seeing Dailey and Vincent on the mainstage last night - I was totally blown away - I love it when someone exceeds my expectations - they fleshed out their duo with not only other musicians and singers including a handsome young man with a major "basso profundo" - perfect for their Statler Brothers tribute - the crowd ate it up. They are not only great musicians but consummate entertainers...



There was also Sarah Harmer and up and comer from Seattle Brandi Carlile - loved her....off to site again momentarily....

No comments: