Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jazz on the wing....


Check out the Firefly Cabaret at Hugh's Room tomorrow night - it features vocalists Kellylee Evans, Shannon Butcher, Chantelle Wilson, Elizabeth Shepherd and a couple of gents in there - not counting the house band - Tyler Yarema and Johnny Favourite and a cast of thousands - including one Jaymz Bee - future mayor of Toronto as MC....plus it's a fundraiser for Camp Quality - sending kids with cancer for clean air, fun and laughter.

Visit www.hughsroom.com or www.fireflycabaret.com for more details.....I'm guessing it's SRO for this fine event....

I was chatting with Chris Butcher this afternoon and there will be a post on the "Heavyweights Brass Band" coming up on the Jazz FM blog shortly....

Tomorrow it's "Cocktails for Two" at the Spice Route or more likely two hundred since it's a social for the U of A Alumni (of which I'm one)....having walked by this place in my neighbourhood I'm looking forward to checking out the interior.....

Melissa Stylianou is in town - and I'm going to worship this Greek goddes at the Rex this Saturday for the 9:45 show....

And on Friday, I will return to my usual haunt, Azure to visit with Dan Bodanis and the trio...it's been too long! Plus the Slocan Ramblers Bluegrass Band is at Graffiti's in Kensington...yee haw.

No comments: