Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pampered Princess


I am coming to grips more with Ivy's passing and am entertaining the possibility of a new cat or cats...time will tell....I still have my moments. As a diversion, a show and tell of my purchases (from the Crafts tent) and primping while in Edmonton....

Above is sideways image of my Folk Fest t-shirt....pink with blue sparkly image....and above is my octopus pendant/necklace from Mystic Glass Creations - they had seahorses, jellyfish and all kinds of beautiful and amazing glasswork - jewellery, belt buckles, including a small globe which looks like a sea anenome (sp?) encased inside - they are on Vancouver Island and drove all the way to Edmonton - met them in the Folk Fest office with their small children - a little blond haired girl in a cute teal sundress made by her grandma.

This beautiful bag is by Rimanchik out of Montreal - loved the taspestry part of it and many were admiring it afterwards....

The earrings by Bejewelled and Ponderosa designs - Edmonton based designers - I liked teh simple Celtic swirl on the silver ones - reminded me of designs I saw in a Celtic site in Portugal. Next to them beautiful vintage Swarovski crystals.

I also got more bath salts from Goddess Temple Aromatherapy...divine, plus a scent I am drawn to - body lotion in Love - contains some rose geranium...wonder what that indicates about me...
www.bejeweled.ca
www. goddesstemplearomatherapy.com

I had a fabulous facial at "Focus on You", Richard's facial place with Sothys products - I will have to track those down here in T.O. My esthetician Elizabeth gave me some samples to tide me over - I wonder why more places don't have their extra comfy tables/chairs - curved and with armrests - I had to  remind myself to stay awake....many clients apparently don't!

Thanks to a tip from Box Office staffer Jacelyn I went to "Happy Feet" for a mani/pedi - and the staff were as predicted wonderful and gave a great and cheerful  service - great prices too. You can even get reflexology treatments - I'm definitely going to have to check them out when I go back. They're at 104 Ave and 121 Street - North side...The staff were working on "designs" in their in between clients time - creating daisy patterns....

While we are talking indulgences check out Duchess Bakery on 124 Street - a couple of blocks north of  104 Avenue - the ultimate patisserie - great coffee and tea and incredible pastries - the classics - brioche, macarons, croissants and everything sous le sol. It's a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach and is furnished with care and style for your pause cafe. There are also numerous samples - in house made marshmallows etc. etc. In fact, I am told that if you live in the neighbourhood - resistance is futile.

No comments: