Monday, March 21, 2011

Fired up for a "Slow Burn"

I feel like a big change is coming...like I'm on the verge of some amazing changes in the best possible way..maybe it's spring fever, or my stars are aligning - Uranus into my home sign Aries..whatever it is, in true Aries fashion I can't wait.

Pictured below is a Persian spring soup - got the recipe from the Toronto Star last week - and veganized it - it used chicken broth - there are noodles, spinach, chickpeas, kidney beans, lentils, parsley, turmeric, garlic, onions, "sour cream", pepper etc. Recipe was courtesy of the couple who own Pomegranate on College.

Tomorrow Russ Little that beacon of sartorial splendour (not to mention a damn fine trombonist) and wonderful warm guy launches his CD at Quotes from 7 - 9 p.m. - doors open at 6:15 - cover is only $15...he will have Brian Barlow, Michael Stuart, Tom Szczesniak, Scott Alexander and Rob Piltch..for those lucky invitees there will also be a live to air with Mr. Little on Thursday March 24th from 7 - 8 p.m. Call 416 979 7717 if you are planning to reserve a table to nosh beforehand...otherwise it's first come, first served.

Speaking of the station - interesting to note that it was being played at my local nail salon this morning - Beauty Line on King.

Tonight after Hatha at Core - going to mosey over to the Rex to catch some Humber vocals - Danny Fong will be there...

I have a tough decision tomorrow night - Film Noir or Russ..I'm thinking Russ will win out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a great way to spend the evening. Just called Quotes and there are no seat reservations left. Guess I'll have to squeeze in near the bar.