Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Return to Spice Safar

I haven't thought about this place among my neighbourhood cafes for a while and I thought it was high time I revisit...needless to say I will be back. The inviting warmth is something I had forgotten -  how cozy the seating was here - an entire wall of padded benches and liberal sprinkling of cushions - welcome to the casbah...plus lots of natural light - for those of use who like to read, or even those who bring their laptops along...

They have a nice selection of drinks, meals and treats - including healthy fruit and decadent croissants - bonus - they bring your order to your table - which includes a glass of citrus infused water and a little something to nibble on - in this case a brownie.

Their unisex washroom is cool too - very modern with Middle Eastern inspired cutouts in the bottom of the sinks...visit www.spicesafar.com - they open most days at 8 a.m. - 9 on Saturdays and 10:30 on Sundays.

Laissez les bon temps roulez - Mardi Gras y'all - bring out the pancakes or gumbo - or perhaps both. Bill King and Rockit 88 are at Southern Accent up on Markham tonight from 8 p.m. Dan and the boys have an unusual Tuesday night gig at Azure - sitting in are Pat Collins on bass and birthday boy David Restivo.

The Heavyweights are sure to get you in the mood tonight at 9 p.m. at the Painted Lady on Ossington...

Melissa Lauren is at the Reservoir on Thursday at 7 and the Barry Elmes Quintet has a CD release "Redshift" at the Rex, Thursday and Friday nights - with special guest Kelly Jefferson. The usual suspects - Mike Murley, Kevin Turcotte, Steve Wallace and Reg Schwager.

I would be remiss in my goddess duties if I didn't point out today is the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day - so do something good for all the goddesses in your life! Or all the goddesses worldwide...

I am very tickled that Halie Loren enjoyed my post about our interview...

No comments: