Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yes, I am a wimp in winter...

This lovely image of balloons is from last night's "newmindspace" event at U of T - Night Lights higher than the CN tower...these balloons were being inflated around 7 p.m.

Unfortunately, other than receiving a glowstick and milling about watching other people do things an hour was about all I was interested in as it was -8 degrees C (or possibly -13 with windchill). Needless to say I will have to update you as to what transpired up to 3 hours later when LED lights were attached and the balloons were aloft...I did give it the old college try..

It makes me feel unCanadian though especially since I spent many times outdoors in -30 or more in Alberta!! (Yes, but at least it's a dry cold, as we say on the Prairies :))

A tiny spider outside the condo window this afternoon put me to shame...still alive and moving, albeit sluggish....power to the arachnids!

I am reading Barbara Walter's "Audition" which is fascinating...hard to believe arguably the most famous interviewer on the planet is a self confessed introvert. Comforting...

HopefullyI will be out jazzing this week or I may have to change the name of this blog...

No comments: