Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home-grown tomatoes, home-grown tomatoes

"What would life be without home-grown tomatoes? Only two things that money can't buy and that's true love and home-grown tomatoes.. (With credit to Guy Clark who wrote that great and very true tune). Harvested a few from the garden this morning along with kale and lettuce. The tomatoes were lovely chopped up with some basil, olive oil, a bit of garlic, touch of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sea salt - over fresh pasta from Moncton Farm - a purveyor of bread and pasta from grains they grow, grind and process (and sell at our local farmer's markets). Hot as blazes here today so the gardening was done this morning. Right now I am hiding my delicate Celtic skin from the sun's harsh rays. I am enjoying the aromatic and silky body creme made by Malie - Pikake - a Hawaiian jasmine and typing with fingers adorned with "Hen Party" from Butter London - both purchased at the well stocked and friendly Lux Boutique on 124th street in Edmonton. Thanks for the suggestions. So many products and not enough funds - I also got a sample of a coconut body cream from 100 per cent pure which is divine.... I am so mad that I can't watch "Mad Men" tonight - don't get AMC - stupid Canadian networks not carrying it...grrrr!! I will have to make do with "Merlin" I guess - which is also fun. I'm going to try and cover "Jazz 4 Kids" at the station on Wednesday and catch the very witty and talented Ilana Waldston at Trane on Thursday - she's doing a tribute to one of my favourite songwriters - Dave Frishberg.

No comments: