Saturday, August 29, 2009

Raw Aura

Thanks for the heads up from "Raw in Toronto" about this new - and I'm talking opened last Monday new - raw restaurant in Port Credit. I liked the funky table tops (cross sections of tree trunks) and warm vibe from this new spot in Mississauga. The music selection - some kind of hard driving alternative stuff - not so much. I was expecting more of a New Age soundscape or world music - something a little more gentle shall we say. I sampled the Pizza with marinara sauce - tender and delicious crust made from srouted buckwheat and vegetables and a creamy cashew "cheese", and I believe dehydrated parsnip slices and kale - all ingredients are organic you will be happy to know. Also sampled the Lasagna which had creamy elements but also a bite from the marinara sauce I believe. To finish: Pumpkin Pie...yum. The menu is extensive with a good selection of salads, appetizers, entrees and juices. Obviously word is spreading because they were pretty busy both with in house and takeout orders. It's very close to the Port Credit Go in case you were interested... Visit www.raw-aura.com

5 comments:

Coach Chris Newell said...

My wife & I visited on August 28th - absolutely loved it. You can read my review at http://MiltonBlog.ca

rawrnr said...

The owner MEGHAN is my room mate. I pretty much got to sample the menu as it was being made. I am in Vancouver for a few months and SO SAD I missed the opening. Just wanted to say SHE IS AWESOME. A WONDERFUL, CARING and GIVING person. How can her food not be DELISH and SO NOURISHING!! She does EVERYTHING with love!!
HUGS TO MEG!
PLEASE hug her for me..I mean REALLY hug her...I miss her so and she is working SO HARD!!
Tori

Nimh said...

I live in Port Credit and was pretty excited when Raw Aura opened up so close to home. I've been there a few times and love the food. I'm not a vegetarian per se, but I try to have eat a vegetarian meal a few times a week and Raw Aura is the perfect place to enjoy one. The tiramisu is extraordinary and the lemon cheesecake just scrumptious!! I just hope the raw food label doesn't turn too many mainstream diners off - the food is so tasty, and I want Raw Aura to be around for a long, long time...

Anonymous said...

I was there yesterday. Lovely! Sweet people, and the food is yummy. People need to remember that this type of quality, raw food is slower (hence, not "fast food") but is really worth the wait. Yay for Port Credit!!

Anonymous said...

I was not happy with the creamsicle smoothie. It just did not taste the greatest and to top it off, it was warm and I had to ask for ice. The food is good, but a bit pricey for the portion sizes one receives.