Friday, January 29, 2010

Green Monkeys....

Well, this is not a green monkey..it's me on the beach at Bathsheba. Something nice to remind me after the shock I got going outside this morning...minus 15 or something...
Not monkeys yet, the native sheep which were grazing down at the corner of the road....
Ah yes, here are the monkeys..for the first two nights they showed up like clockwork around 5:20 ish....then on Monday, like the dark night in theatre...nothing....
One morning around 8 as I was sitting in the dining area I saw a whole parade of them...apparently there can be up to 15 in a group...this one included a mom and baby....however, I had not brought my camera....
They, like me, are a little shy...so they keep their distance. Sea Kat was saying the tourists enjoy them, however they can be a nuisance to agriculture - all those lovely bananas everywhere...
I am having a hard time getting motivated to work on the Archive - but I must do that today...I was checking out some of Alicia Silverstone's recipes in "The Kind Diet"....that will be my next acquisition. On Oprah's website she is doing a demo with Laura Linney, making a layered bean dip...yummm....I always liked Alicia - she reminds me of my beautiful niece Meredith.
May go and check out the Flying Bulgur event at the Young Centre on Sunday - time to go out and hear music again...also visit Joe Mama's. There is a Latin jazz concert at Humber on Wednesday night - always great musicianship.
Tomorrow I will blog about the rollercoaster bus ride to Speightstown and what I found there....

No comments: