Sunday, February 7, 2010

Melissa Lauren

More great music this weekend - a wonderful singer Melissa Lauren and the always amazing Nathan Hiltz on guitar. I wonder if the traffic disruption is playing havoc at Gate 403...we were a small but enthusiastic audience for the duo. Again the effervescent Darlene Stimson was good company and sang me a clever blues tune - I think it was "You Can Have My Husband, but please don't take my man"....or words to that effect. Melissa sang "Crazy" and "Walking after Midnight" (I always welcome Patsy) and did a lovely "Once Upon a Summertime" and "Corcovado" and boppin "Devil and the Deep Blue Sea". She even (apologetically) accompanied herself on piano for "Sunday Kind of Love" - no apologies necessary, my dear. Melissa's voice has a bit of Stacey Kent mixed with Julie London. I believe she may have this gig the first Sunday of the month from noon - 3. Please visit the Gate 403 website - I have provided a link to the right of the posts....

1 comment:

Pokagon Member said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.