Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trevor Falls Quartet at Tequila Bookworm

Hot music for a chilly night...the feeling of fall was in the air and at one point the musicians closed the overhead door to the street. Trevor Falls (drums), Jon Challoner (trumpet), Dan Fortin (bass) and Trevor Giancola (guitar) performed a number of their own originals to warm up the crowd. I am trying to come to this venue as much as possible to encourage programming jazz and especially as a place for younger musicians to get the opportunity to perform. Trevor G sat in with my friend John Stowell when he was in town and is also friends with Fabio Ragnelli, one of our "Jazzology" guests last year. The quartet performed one of Fabio's tunes and he was there to hear it. Again, forgot the camera....d'oh! That's a habit I need to get into so that I have a visual record. Baked some banana chocolate chip muffins this a.m. So this is turning into the "jazzy food blog" as my friend Nancy suggested....

No comments: