Friday, September 5, 2008

Yes, it's that time of year again. Vegetarian Food Fair, what the...I thought this was a jazz blog...well, a person does not live my jazz alone they do need sustenance to be focused on listening to jazz...also a number of jazz musicians are "into" the vegetarian lifestyle...so there! See how I made that tenuous connection?

The Food Fair is probably now the largest in North America and in my personal opinion the best and most fun...because I will be there...:) I am volunteering at volunteer check in and cooking demo which is fast paced and includes samples....mmmm....samples. There are tons of free samples everywhere, as mentioned cooking demos with recipes, books galore, vendors, speakers, films...all down at Toronto's lovely Harbourfront! Check out http://www.veg.ca/ - you can even take the Veggie Challenge of going for 3 weeks on a vegetarian or vegan diet and win fabulous prizes..

If I remember to bring my camera, expects photos of happy and healthy vegetarians and food, food, food....Say hi if you see me, I will be carrying yet more cookbooks I'm sure/and or eating something yummy...

Check out the Sweets from the Earth people...they make baked goods that are as good as, okay, better than mine... cookies, cakes and these wonderful chocolate, pecan and caramel bars...all VEGAN!!

A special announcement coming on Monday re: Sound of Jazz Series at Jazz FM 91

Also, preparations are underway for the coming season of "Jazzology" and my much awaited California vacation...

No comments: