Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back from the land of Endless Summer

Dude! How Californian is this? Check it out! Okay, enough...
This is taken on a Sunday morning at Santa Monica Beach, a short walk from the Seaview Motel...where I was staying...more on that later.
It was wall to wall or wave to wave surfers and it was actually mesmerizing. I loved having the ocean wash over my bare feet and I can see how surfing could become a lifestyle...it seems to be all about figuring out which wave to try, being calm, riding into the wave...very Zen.
These dudes are in serious shape as well.
The ubiquitous palm trees....taken at Pacific Palisades Park above Santa Monica beach.
About 88 degrees Fahrenheit that day...this was on the tour of LA I took, which gave a taste of everything, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Farmer's Market, Santa Monica, Venice Beach...
I will try and fill in more as I go along...I took ALOT of photos...
Tomorrow San Diego, lemons and lizards...

No comments: