Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nathan Hiltz trio and a pie baking compulsion

Drat...forgot the camera again...must put it by the door to take photos of gigs! I still prefer pumpkin pie, though I did make a carrot pie just to try it...and made another pie on Monday since the first one was eaten by my family.... If you're looking for some wonderful jazz be sure to check out the Nathan Hiltz Trio at Joe Mama's on King Street West, every Sunday from 6 - 10. Nathan, a great guitar player is joined by Bernie Senensky on Hammond B3 and Sly Juhas on drums. There was a small but enthusiastic crowd for a Thanksgiving Sunday. The performance was being videotaped and they were rocking the place...more bodies needed, please! Nathan is going to be a guest on "Jazzology" on JAZZ FM in January...I'll let you know when to listen. He is studying at U of T...in graduate studies I believe... King West seems to be becoming a lively area for jazz now, what with "Quotes" on Fridays from 5 - 8 with CJQ as the house band and always a great guest soloist sitting in with them. I'm going to try and catch the fabulous singer Ori Dagan at another new venue, Dazzling Restaurant at 291 King West from 6 - 9, I believe. Also the lovely and talented Madeline Forster from Rochester N.Y is at the Rex tomorrow at 9:30 p.m. and Thursday Hendrik Meurkens, harmonica is in from New York City. I'm going to try and catch the jazz jam tonight too, Justin Gray is hosting and he is one of my favourite "Jazzology" kids...:)

No comments: