Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Larry

I am still recovering from the shock that my boss, Larry Green has left Jazz FM 91 as of yesterday. I had the pleasure of working with this incredible enthusiast and fount of jazz information for 4 seasons of "Jazzology" - what will it be like without him?

Larry has had a long career in the music business and 8 and a half years at the station, anchoring the Afternoon Drive slot...I will keep you posted on what's happening with the show I am proud to be a part of...all the best in your new endeavours, L - you taught me so much.

Walter Venafro is temporarily filling in...

Jacky Terrason was amazing last night - and who should be a table companion but the wonderful Fern Lindzon - we got to chat about the Buster Keaton project - she watched "Sherlock Junior" many, many times she confessed while writing the score...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened??

jazz goddess said...

Don't know anonymous..at least not yet.

Anonymous said...

I have often listened to Larry's programme if I've been working in the evening here in the UK. He had a cheery and pleasant presentational style that I enjoyed and shall miss. I wish him well whatever he does.

- Anon UK

jazz goddess said...

How wonderful that you listen in the UK - I have never been - other than passing through Heathrow - which doesn't really count - must go someday - and also to Northern Ireland and Ireland as my mother was from Belfast.

Yes, I will also miss Larry as I have the utmost respect for him and enjoyed working with him immensely....I will let you know where he turns up!

Thank you again for the kind words and reading my little blog!

M@c said...

Moreen:

Big fan of Jazz-fm, and was shocked to hear JOHN DONABEE in the chair today! Ick! Sounds like something hinky going on at the station. Anyway, if you talk w Larry, wish him well. He kept me sane on many a drive home. Meanwhile, I'll be letting Ross and co know how I feel.

John MacMillan

jazz goddess said...

Please do, John. I'm sure you're not alone....

Some Like it Vintage.com said...

Hi, just realized that the voice is different on jazz fm...what a shame to lose Larry, enjoyed his afternoon show very much. Not quite liking this new one...

Anonymous said...

Hi ..I would like to get in touch with larry..as I used to do the news there part time when Tim Keele was away. And worked with Larry in the afternoons. Could you contact me offline and let me know ?

jazz goddess said...

I will see about the contact info - I don't remember who you are and of course I am reluctant to pass along any information without clearing it first and knowing who requested it.