Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Giving Thanks

I have many reasons to be grateful not just at the traditional Thanksgiving but all year round. Yesterday I had a lovely walk down by the lake - seeing flocks of geese, ducks and a beautiful pair of swans plus enjoying the fall colours...the photo down below is the ever growing vine across the community garden gate and the others taken on the Exhibition grounds.


Planning what I'm going to do in New York is also very exciting and will of course involve jazz - I'm looking at Gary Burton at the Blue Note and possibly Bill Charlap at the Village Vanguard....

Plus I haven't been to the revamped MoMa so that I will check out and of course...shopping!! Right now I am also a little excited and also panicky about my upcoming vocal workshop series - I need to download charts - I haven't sort of read music since my days in choir in Mississauga which was a few years ago so....well, I know Bill King is a lovely person and I count on his patience as well as those in the class - I still may need to engage the services of a voice teacher privately.

If anyone has any further suggestions for amusements in New York feel free to add a comment or drop me a line as they say...

I will take a photo of the delish Pumpkin Pie with Pecan crust I made yesterday - thanks to Colleen Patrick Goudreau's  "Joy of Vegan Baking"....

Speaking of delectable - in this case aural treats - check out Ailsa McCreary and Mark Kieswetter next Monday, October 18th from 5 - 8  at Gate 403 - Ailsa is a gifted chanteuse and an award winning jam and jelly maker - so sweet all around. Bring lots of money for the tip jar! Trust me it will be worth the construction hassle on Roncesvalles...sigh, when is that ever going to be fixed?

No comments: