Monday, November 8, 2010

Jazzology underway

Well, in our scheduling at least and that is a mjaor component - I'm looking forward to meeting all the students that's for sure. Also, we are more than halfway toward the fall fundraising goal for Jazz FM 91.1 - woo hoo!

Listening to Melissa Lauren yesterday, I realize I have a  ways to go in my singing and I think vocal lessons (private) are in my future...now I am thinking of stealing "Dream a Little Dream" and possibly giving "Corcovado" a go...sorry Dan B. :) (Inside joke). I don't think I can ever speak badly of a performer again now knowing how much practice, talent and technique is involved - and that's only me in a room of a few people - I can't imagine a whole stadium full. It was great to hear Nathan Hiltz - phenomenal on guitar as usual....

This weekend I watched "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" - my brother Colin's DVD which he loaned - it's a hoot - I think the casting of Robert Morse in "Mad Men" is a sly little reference to his starring role in this movie...there's a tune called "I Believe in You" that I'm surprised I haven't heard vocalists doing before...hmmmm.....

Couple of upcoming gigs - my fellow classmate Julie McGregor has a spot at the Reservoir Lounge - this Wednesday starting at 6:30 and my friend Ailsa is at Ten Feet Tall with a trio which includes Mark Kieswetter on Saturday from 8 - 10 p.m. More to come....

Today's menu is Russian Cabbage Soup with Herb Garden Biscuits....

No comments: