Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fundraising

Just a wee reminder to go online at www.jazz.fm or call 1-800-811-2400 to keep jazz on the air - yes, it's Jazz FM's fall fundraising campaign - filled with fun and lots of fabulous prizes plus the warm, cozy feeling you get from supporting Canada's premier jazz station and a non profit one at that!

Musically - check out Gord Sheard and some Brazilian beats at China House tomorrow night - myself I would be there - but my Thursday evenings are committed for the next few weeks....

Jazzology is on the go and we are moving towards scheduling and taping in short order...I'm always thrilled to meet the new crop of victims..er, guests....

I have been very Martha these days - lots of cooking and baking - today Green Tea and Walnut Biscotti and I've made Espresso Brownies and Sesame Cookies with Port thus far this week. Today's menu is a Spiced Squash Soup and a raw Cabbage slaw - that one's from Ani Phyo's book - the soup from Jae Steele's "Ripe from Around Here"...it's soup season. I'm also planning on a wonderful Russian Cabbage Soup - courtesy of Marion Kane and the Star and some Herbed Garden Biscuits - again Ms. Steele.

Some of the baked goods will and have made their way to Jazz FM - maybe some Peanut Butter Oatmeal sandwich cookies are in the future or some Banana Chocolate Chip muffins...hmmmm...

My friend Richard feels I should have a show called "Jazz and Nibbles" or "Nibbles and Jazz"....