Friday, November 26, 2010

Brrrr...baby it's cold outside!

This was taken last March or so at the end of the winter season - a great buy from Lorne's Coats on Spadina.

Today I had to haul it out as it is rather nippy and windy here in T.O. - a bit of a shock to our extended fall - I am happy to report it is indeed cozy. It could be worse as reports from Alberta are in the minus territory - a friend said it was a HIGH of -17 yesterday....how I remember it well...remember, it's a dry cold. Should prove interesting for the Grey Cup on Sunday...go Riders!!

Speaking of fans of the Green and White, tonight it's hubby's birthday dinner at Veg Haven likely followed by some bluegrass as delivered by the Slocan Ramblers at Graffiti's in Kensington Market. I made a very rich cake from Ani Phyo's cookbook - "Ani's Raw Food Essentials" - coconut cake with "nutella" hazelnut sauce - decadent!

Also on the radar this weekend - Tony Monaco is in residence at Chalker's Pub tonight through Sunday - $30 and I'm looking forward to Norma Winstone and Fred Hersch at Glenn Gould after a day at the Whole Health Expo - helping out Jalanna at Soul Symbols.

I remind you that vocalist Pat Murray has her CD release tomorrow afternoon at the Rex - 3:30 and the last John McLeod and the Rex Hotel Orchestra on Monday night...of this year.

Stay warm...I am hoping to fit in some heated Hatha prior to dinner. Had an enlightening session with Linda Eales at All One Clinic this morning - some Body Talk therapy...reminds me I should also schedule some reflexology and on a beautification note - a haircut and facial.

No comments: