Friday, May 28, 2010

About last night....

I had a great time at the Arkana Music event which also featured Hobson's Choice and Canaille - good work everyone - each uniquely entertaining - Canaille got into a 60s influenced funk groove and Hobson's Choice with Felicity Williams very ethereal voicings - liked the Joni homage "Sechelt" and was it "Congruities"?

After the Tranzac a quick stop to the Rex for Phil Dwyer - ably accompanied by Robert Occhipinti, Adrean Farrugia, Mark McLean and Kevin Turcotte...got there after the first set break and with eyes getting heavy only managed a couple of tunes before heading home.

Tonight is  Maybe Not at Duggan's Brewery - which features Nathan dell Vandenberg and the opening act features Ben McConchie - two fine Humberites and you guessed it former "Jazzology" guests. Speaking of which we have now finished taping for the season - the marvelous Mike Murley being the guest yesterday...I feel a little bereft actually. I think I am going to have to bring mercy baking down to the station on occasion so they don't suffer withdrawal...

Tomorrow night Fern Lindzon is at Chalkers at the Gate 403 respectively for the brunch spot 12 - 3 - Coleman Tinseley tomorrow and Ori Dagan on Sunday...

By the way saw "The Great War" by Video Cabaret at the Cameron House - on until June 6th I believe - it's outstanding! Next week I am going to see "Mamma Mia" and I must be one of the few people who hasn't....some great movies around - "Micmac" intrigues me as I loved Amelie....

This weekend is also "Doors Open" so check out some places you have been dying to get a peek into....

No comments: