Saturday, May 8, 2010

A warm crisp on a blustery day

Adapted from Jae Steele's "Get it Ripe" - using reject peaches and plums from the Kitchen Table downstairs - that's the discount area where there are numerous fruits and veggies that are perfectly good - just sometimes a little bruised or the "just ripe" area as I call it. Bargains galore.

I added some pecans in too....and speaking of food and feeling cozy - why not head over to Azure to hear Dan and the boys - they have a brand new VEGETARIAN menu - I tried the Pappardelle dish last night - can't wait to sample more...Pat Collins was sitting in on bass and getting mentally prepared for his "Jazzology" interview...

What's on tonight around town you might ask - aside from Azure? Well, Laila Biali for one is at the Old Mill, Max Senitt y sus Amigos at Tequila Bookworm at 9 for starters. I had a late lunch and was entertained at the Rex this after by Danny Marks - his usual Saturday noon - 3 gig - but there will be sub next Saturday....as always continuous music at the Rex. Check the links on the page and find more jazz at the venues in T.O. -  remember I am your somewhat subjective guide...:)

I'm going to Colin Power's recital on Monday at U of T and plan to drop in to the Rex on Wednesday for Madeline Forster's 9:30 set....Wednesday is also Girls' Night Out up at Chalkers for you aspiring chanteuses.....

Tonight I may just be having some Magic Oven pizza, listening to the wind howling and reading "Shanghai Girls" with Irene Kral in the background...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if you caught Madeline Forster last Wednesday at the Rex

jazz goddess said...

Unfortunately I didn't hear her - I've yet to hear this young lady in person, I met her a while back at Gate 403 where she was checking out another singer- I was laid low with a cold last Wednesday so wasn't making the rounds for jazz at all.

Thanks for asking! Have you heard her?