Saturday, May 1, 2010

Everytime we say Goodbye....

Some further sad and sudden news from Edmonton this morning. Monique Bielich called to say Paul Wilde had passed away sometime Thursday from an apparent cardiac arrest. He didn't make his usual Tai Chi class and neighbours noticed his lights were on the next morning.

Paul was an enthusiastic and tireless supporter of jazz in Edmonton in his many roles at the Yardbird Suite and Edmonton Jazz Society and as Stage Manager during the Jazz City festival years. He was a calming and steady influence who was very proud of the Yardbird's longevity - I remember how happy he was to show me around and described all the renovations and improvements last August when I visited. Paul you were such an integral part of the scene, your absence will be felt most deeply. Bless you.

A correction - better late than never - I blame tiredness on my part but I should have given credit to Adrian Gross being part of the Slocan Ramblers bluegrass group and not Rob Capelletto....mea maxima culpa Adrian.

No comments: