Sunday, May 30, 2010

Digging Duggan's

It was lovely to see several "Jazzology" stars including Cam Britton and his lovely wife Kris, Chris Butcher and of course the star of the evening  Nathan dell-Vandenberg and Maybe Not.

Here is the charming Ben McConchie on trumpet and flugelhorn with Mikko Holden on guitar. He was having some fun doing the emceeing - plus he has a great radio voice and personality as we discovered - Ben graciously helped Larry Green out one fundraising campaign. Ben and his gorgeous wife (whose name I have forgotten already, d'oh! Sorry!) are expecting twins plus he is going into the Master's program at U of T...busy, busy. They already have a lively 2 1/2 year old who loves music and has been known to dance to Jazz FM selections....

I encourage Duggan's to make music a regular feature - they have a great beer selection - I sampled the Weissbeer - which as promised smelled of bananas and cloves! Cam tells me the food is delicious as well - he and his wife and some of the staff from Massey Hall make a point of stopping by after concerts....

Things are sprouting in the garden...oh please hang in there and grow up enough to foil the groundhoggen....the plot is a little open and needs some fencing around it to somewhat deter the critters....I say somewhat because they are wily....

I hear through the jazz grapevine that Shannon Butcher's "Little Hearts" CD release at Hugh's Room is sold out! Congratulations - well deserved! Of course, this means I should have planned better and bought my ticket...drat.

No comments: