Friday, June 4, 2010

Paisley Jura

Rather than the delightful sounds of Paisley Jura I am currently listening to hammering and renovation noises from the upstairs neighbours - ah the joys of highrise living...I may seek refuge at Jimmy's soon.

I was very pleased to discover this talented singer/bassist/pianist to the left at Yonge Dundas Square on Wednesday - so much so I bought her CD - " Time in Between". She performs at Cameron House on Monday nights at 9. Also in the band were Kevin Barrett on guitar and banjo -yes, banjo! - and Anthony Michelli on drums, along with a wonderful musician whose name I didn't catch       on keyboards and trombone - interesting instrumentation - there was even a school choir, whom Paisley accompanies. Isn't that a great name, Paisley?

Visit http://www.paisleyjura.com/ or her myspace page. I particularly liked "In the Garden" and "Sweetness".   Although this is mostly jazz I do love some folk particularly if it is offbeat and as compelling as this artist. She has been getting some radio play from CBC as I understand things.....

Azure tonight and I'm looking forward to Brenda Lewis' soiree/CD release tomorrow - I understand she has the discs hot off the presses so to speak....

Yours truly has booked her trip to Edmonton for Folk Fest in August - can't wait!

Reading a fascinating thriller called "Angelology" right now - where the celestial beings are not so benevolent as we may believe....

No comments: