Friday, July 2, 2010

Le Petit Jardin

How my garden grows - don't know if you can see the zucchini that ate Toronto in there...it threatens to take over the bed...greens are all coming along nicely as are the tomatoes....

A busy week going to the shows - Roy Hargrove started out a hot mess and finally gelled in the 4th tune - I wanted to say "Who are you and what have you done with Roy?"

My pick so far this festival was the Dave Douglas and Keystone show with the film "Spark of Being" - otherworldly - I have blogged about it for Jazz FM.

Saw Chris Butcher and Roberto Occhipinti last night at Roy's show. Chris has a gig with the Heavyweights at Grossman's on Sunday at 2 - just FYI - perhaps there will be some Justin Bieber reinterpretations, one never knows....

Also on Sunday Melissa Lauren at Gate 403 from 12 - 3 and Whitney Ross- Barris from 5 - 8. Check out Jazz FM's website to see what I 've been up to.....

Tomorrow is Christian Scott at the Hard Rock Cafe - maybe a little of the free concert with Chaka Khan and Macy Gray...I do want to hear "Tell Me Somethin' Good" - tell me, tell me, tell me. Cyndi Lauper is also at Queen's Park the same night as part of the Pride festivities - it will be a relief to have a celebratory march for a change.

No comments: