Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweet new music, Sweetgrass Spa and Cruda Cafe

Robin Jessome's Quintet has a new recording out and features original music by Robin himself - featured in the band are Robin on trombone, Gordon Hyland - saxophone, Mark Segger - drums, Tom Van Seters - piano and Mark Godfrey on bass. I am told there is to be some Blunt Object experiences in the future as well.

Visit www.robinjessomequintet.bandcomp.com for more info and the sample "Powderkeg".

Thanks to a coupon deal - from Groupon - I got a 75 minute facial with lots of lovely massage for a steal - incredibly relaxing and the spa is huge - they have a steam room, pool, jacuzzi and even a florists. It seems to go on forever - lots of spaces to relax , My skin feels like buttah - thanks to my esthetician Asmeret who used some great Dermalogica products on me.

Before that I used another coupon deal at Cruda Cafe in the St. Lawrence Market. Amazing raw food concoctions - I first had one of their wraps at the Whole Health Expo. I got a St. Lawrence Greens Salad - filled with greens, avocado, shredded beet and carrot, fig, walnuts and goji berries, a Mexican wrap, a "Cleanse Me" juice and a couple of coconut date balls...yumm....the girls who work there are a great advertisement - they positively radiate good health and great skin.

Tonight off to a lecture with Alexandra Cousteau - Jacques' granddaughter at the ROM.

No comments: