Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waterfalls

To change up the routine last night, and on the recommendation of volunteer receptionist extraordinaire of Jazz FM 91, Ron I decided to check out this venue in Kensington market - one of my regular haunts/supermarket.

I felt confident as I trust Ron's advice - and he was right - the food was good, healthy portions (enough for leftovers) and a number of veg options including a Kashmiri rice studded with dried fruit and cashews, an okra and potato curry and nummy channa masala. There were also a number of local brews on offer - I opted for the Mill Street Stout - a sound winter beer for a chilly night.

The entertainment was fulfilling as well - the Jim Heinman trio - standards such as "Round Midnight", "St. Thomas" , "All Blues"  and forays into R and B with some Ray Charles and Bill Withers.

Visit www.waterfallsrestaurant.ca

I'm listening to Haile Loren again - right now a lively take on "Blue Skies" - it's from her album - They Oughta Write a Song - the title track is great - especially apropos for this heart themed holiday time. Check out her delicious rendition of Peggy Lee's "Fever" and "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps" - that's one I had my eye on for vocal workshop.

No comments: