Monday, February 21, 2011

Volunteer party at Jazz FM

IMG_7400.jpgHow delightful to find I knew one of the entertainers at the party yesterday - on piano - a recent "Jazzology" guest from Humber, Paul Morrison. Paul kindly brought me some coconut macaroons from "Rawlicious" - where he works and one of my favourite places...the trio sounded amazing - particularly Paul - I heard lots of praise for his musicianship.
How delightful to find I knew one of the entertainers at the party yesterday - on piano - a recent "Jazzology" guest from Humber, Paul Morrison. Paul kindly brought me some coconut macaroons from "Rawlicious" - where he works and one of my favourite places...the trio sounded amazing - particularly Paul - I heard lots of praise for his musicianship.

I also won a prize which was cool - tix to the ROM, $50 gift certificate to Petroff Gallery - I think I hear some earrings calling my name and a gift certificate for transferring home movies to digitial...hmmm...may have to bestow that on someone else...since I don't have any...if you want it, let me know - it's worth $100. The Petroff Gallery is home to some gorgeous art and craftworks including a great selection of kaleidoscopes...visit www.petroffgallery.com


 The volunteers also got JAZZ FM travel cups, food and drink and a wonderful speech from Ross Porter - it's our 10th anniversary this year and we have come a long way, so much so that another major jazz station in L.A. wants to know how we do it...I'm thinking it must be the very fine KJAZ which I listened to while in California.

This means my little blog writings are being read all over on the website...thrilling...hello to all the readers/listeners in South Korea, Japan and throughout Asia.

IMG_3429.jpg

No comments: