Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Post from the Freezer, er Toronto

Or, as Russ Little put it last night... TGIF now stands for "The Ground is Frozen"...:) Russ joined the CJQ (Canadian Jazz Quartet) for a number of lovely standards and a full house...good music and musicians still managed to draw people out.
For those who don't know "Quotes" has jazz every Friday from 5 - 8 p.m. The Canadian Jazz Quartet is : Don Vickery drums, Frank Wright - vibes, Gary Benson - guitar and Duncan Hopking on bass. The usual suspects were out - including noted jazz broadcaster and enthusiast Ted O'Reilly and singer David Clayton Thomas.
Today after a 5 a.m. fire drill I am just chilling or not chilling - staying warm and hoping to catch Keira Knightley in "The Duchess" downstairs in the condo's movie theatre.
Again, I enjoy seeing new hits on my blog all the time so "Ciao" to the visitor from Italy. And hello to St. Vincent/the Grenadines...where I WISH I was right now!

No comments: