Thursday, January 29, 2009

Easy as pie?

I made an apple pie today...because I'm going to visit my dad tomorrow and he loves them. I used the "Joy of Vegan Baking" recipe...which is great and very detailed so, if you have never baked a pie before, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau walks you through everything.
Most important...chilling the ingredients for the crust and not overworking the pastry.
Needless to say it smells heavenly in here!
Tonight on "Jazzology" is Alan Zemaitis a charming pianist from York University at 9 p.m. on 91.1..."always a learning experience".
The taping today was with another York student, bassist Andrew Pacheco who happens to be a good friend of Alan. Andrew is also very cute, if I can say that...:) Andrew's taping will air on February 5th.
Not sure if I will fit in any jazz over the next few days - remains to be seen. I will keep you posted. I had a workout walking through the snow yesterday...like walking on the beach minus the ocean. When I'm walking through the snow mixed with sand/salt I always think it looks like brown sugar...am I food obsessed.
Confession: haven't been completely raw this week...a few days of vegan lasagna as dinner..I will make a more valiant attempt to get back on track...:)

2 comments:

Queen of Wands said...

can you tell the difference when you aren't entirely raw even for a few days?

boy, that pie loooks good enough to eat :-) I bet your dad will really appreciate it, too.

stay warm!!

jazz goddess said...

Yes, I think when I'm raw my system is working better and I feel lighter...