Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rudresh at the Rex

I wonder does this make me a "moldy fig" ? In spite of the build up of the New York alto saxophonist's gig and the many musicians in attendance : Occhipinti brothers, Bob Brough, Chris Butcher among others...I couldn't get into it. Maybe it was my mindset last night...I don't know. I appreciate the musicianship involved, especially with our own Rich Brown on bass but when I watch the clock...I know I am not involved...I like to think I am very open to experimental music - which engages me. Kudos to the Rex for expanding the parameters all the time. I could have gone to Gate 403 to see Ali Berkok in a band, the Earth Tones - had I know the band personnel - this is always a nice touch when deciding on a show...or I could have gone to hear Cam Britton....oh well. I feel Mr. Murley et al will be more my speed this afternoon at the Pilot. Especially since I see Pat Collins is on bass and Barry Elmes on drums...two of our present and former "collaborators" on "Jazzology". New satin shirt...very 70's or Prince, his purple and veg fabulousness.

No comments: