Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TODO list

I think that's the name of a space on Ossington where I'm going to hear Andrew Downing on bass and Tim Posgate on banjo as well as Patrick Boyle on trumpet...we shall see and I will report later. Watched 2 DVDs this "Family Day" weekend - "Man on Wire", which is a great documentary on Philippe Petit, the elfin-like French tightrope walker who dared to walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre and "The Visitor" and engaging drama with Richard Jenkins dealing with a widower coming out of his shell on encountering squatters in his NYC apartment and the resulting understanding of immigration snafus and a gift of music... Speaking of music there was an article in the Star this weekend about sad love songs/breakup songs and one of the people asked for their selection I believe misinterpreted the song they selected. The song in question is "I'm not in love" by 10cc an old 70's great! The interpretation they gave was that it was the ultimate disaffected tone - the person didn't care about love at all... I beg to differ..when you listen to the lyrics the song is really about being in denial of their feelings, not being open. For example "I keep your picture..upon the wall....it hides a nasty stain that's lying there...so don't you ask me to give it back...I know you know it doesn't mean that much to me... Hmmmm..... That is my rant for today. On the agenda for tomorrow a lovely massage and going to the AGO (that's the Art Gallery of Ontario) for a pre-Raphaelite exhibit - I LOVE that period. I used to have this print of "Ophelia" I think it was - a little morbid - a woman floating downstream with a gorgeou palette of greens...

No comments: