Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A brief update...

I'm getting ready to go to Jazz FM so here is what I have been up to jazzwise the past 2 days: On Sunday I went to hear the Adrian Gross trio at TODO - lovely. Adrian is a guitarist, Humber student and "Jazzology" guest. Particularly liked the tune "Ste. Agathe". There was a good crowd out too and a sweet Japanese bartender. Last night - the U of T Graduate ensembles at the Rex - fun and outside or "creative" take as Alex Dean said and then more mainstream the second set - led by the very funny Patrick Boyle on trumpet/flugelhorn...there were many former "Jazzology" guests onstage. Chase was there to check things out too. I loved the expressions on potential patrons faces when they ventured in to see what the music was - in the first set - then quickly beat a hasty retreat..not everyone's cup of tea . :) This evening I'm going to a free facial event at Lush and Lavish on Ossington (where I had a lovely mani/pedi with Carla on Sunday) - they will even show chick flicks in the pedicure area. They are a full service salon - including hairstyling and all esthetic services - facials, waxing etc. Ahhhh....

No comments: