Saturday, March 21, 2009

Juice for the Cure

Here is an advocacy group I can get behind or in front of...since it's all about treating cancer with nutrition and health awareness, specifically juicing and not about a "cure" through pharmaceutical and often animal testing means.
Although I know many people, family members included who have gone through the cancer fight, I am very reluctant to donate funds to research instead of prevention and awareness.
"Let food be your medicine"...to paraphrase Hippocrates...
I have taken to starting out my day with a green smoothie like the one pictured - a couple of cups of greens, a banana, whatever fruit I have around like berries, sometimes pears or apples, soaked nuts or nut butter, coconut oil or a vegan protein powder. I read through Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life" the ratio is 60/40 - fruits to veggies and the combinations are endless depending on what's in season. Whatever you put in it's delicious...and not always totally green...
Visit http://www.juiceforthecure.com/ to find out more...
Photo by Marni Molina/Flickr-creative commons

1 comment:

msfullroller said...

I totally agree that food is our medicine! Great post.